ST5540 – Leak Current HiTester (for medical-use and electrical devices)
To ensure the safe use of electrical products, electrical safety tests such as insulation resistance, withstand voltage, ground resistance, and leakage current must always be conducted. Hioki Leakage Current Testers comply with laws and standards regarding medical electrical equipment as well as non-medical electrical equipment, and can be used to measure leakage current in all types of electrical products from computers to medical equipment.
The ST5540 consists of measurement networks that simulate the human body and a high-frequency volt meter, and is also capable of switching power supply polarities and making measurements under simulated single fault conditions in equipment under test.
- Compliance with IEC 60601-1:2005 Ed 3.0, JIS T 0601-1:2012 for medical-use electrical devices and essential to electrical safety (*1).
- Compliance with Electrical Appliances and Materials Safety Act, JIS, IEC, and UL standards for general-use electrical devices.
- Uninterrupted polarity switching function dramatically reduces cycle time.
- Support for rated currents up to 20 A gives the instrument more than adequate capability for testing products designed to comply with new standards.
- Communications functionality and external I/O support allow automatic testing on production lines.
*1: Starting on June 1, 2012, medical electrical equipment sold in the EU must comply). Model ST5540 comply with IEC 60601-1:2005+ A1:2012 (Ed 3.1), and IEC 62353 of 2017.